You may not give much thought to the thermostats in your home, but they are an integral part of your home heating system and work to improve your home heating system’s overall performance, output and efficiency. If you’re interested in installing new thermostats or in thermostat replacement service for your home, call Pompeii’s Plumbing & Heating. We’ve kept up with thermostat innovations and technology in the field, and we’ll help find the best thermostat solutions for your Cleveland home. Contact our professional staff to learn more.
Types of Thermostats
You may not be aware that there are a number of different thermostats on the market today. They’re a far cry from the old manual models that you may be used to, but don’t worry. Pompeii’s Plumbing & Heating has some information about different models to help you through the decision making process.
- Wired Thermostats: Wired thermostats are standard fare. While they can be either mechanical or electric, they are always directly connected the your heating and cooling system with wires. They are cheaper to purchase than many high tech models, but they can be more expensive to have installed. Their direct wiring allows for precise, accurate temperature maintenance.
- Wireless Thermostats: If you want flexibility when it comes to the location of your heating and cooling system’s thermostats, wireless technology may be the right choice for you. They are simply installed and many models feature remote controls, adding to convenience when adjusting temperatures.
- Digital Thermostats: Digital thermostats are available in both wired and wireless models. They are easier to read than mechanical models and make temperature adjustment as simple as the push of a button. Because they are so easy to read and adjust it is possible for digital models to save you money on your heating and cooling costs.
- Programmable Thermostats: A programmable thermostat goes a step further than simple digital models. You can use different settings and programmable options to automatically regulate the temperature of your home even when you are not there. This way a comfortable home can be waiting for you upon arrival, without having been maintained throughout the day when it was empty. These models are your best bet if you’re interested in a thermometer system that has the potential to really cut down on your energy use.
- Climate Zoning: Climate zoning is not a type of thermostat but rather refers to the practice of using multiple thermostats to maintain different zones of your home individually. By doing so you are able heat or cool only the rooms that you want to, when you want, as opposed to heating and cooling your whole house to one uniform temperature. No longer do you have to heat an empty den at night just because you want a warm bedroom. Zoning systems can improve energy efficiency in your home, so be sure to ask your service provider if this is a good option for your home.
Thermostat Options by Pompeii’s Plumbing & Heating in Cleveland
Whatever thermostat concerns you have, call the professionals at Pompeii’s Plumbing & Heating for answers. Our team has the experience and training necessary to help you get the most out of your thermostats in Bay Village. Call today to learn more.